Tuesday, March 10, 2009

tuesday

Today was a pretty solid day.

After our morning swim (which went pretty well ... Amanda looks great in the water) we hit up the UH bookstore and have to say all 3 of us were fairly disappointed with the selection of paraphernalia. Amanda bought her stock nalgene bottle…and then found the sonic on campus for lunch (last year with her sister Dorothy she purchased a lucky 44 ounce apple juice slushy…so this year the fact that she purchased the same slushy this year is a good sign). Speaking of lucky drinks, I think I will purchase the stock moderately over priced hotel mountain dew tomorrow morning on the way to the pool for the 50 free.

The coaches meeting was interesting to say the least … lots of items on the agenda, but it was kicked off with a bang when they announced that, pending the approval of the NCAA championship committee in April, the 2010 NCAA’s will be held in Canton Ohio and that the 2011 national championships will be held in San Antonio … (again, all pending approval meaning not quite official just yet)

PS – Lock Haven University will be the host institution of the 2010 meet in Canton … (did I mention it was pending approval in April) so it is kind of a big deal for us.

Amanda and I ventured out to the verizon store to save her phone from the fate of being pitched off of the 9th floor balcony into a million pieces … they had to re-program it, which took 30 minutesish, so we hit the grocery store in the same complex. I bought some lucky gum for Katie and lucky hot tamalales for myself.

PSS – I think I forgot to mention that rooms got messed up upon check in and we had 1 less room upon check in … long story short, (Fairmont) Coach Pat and I are roommates…and since he is one of the SID’s for FSC …. I mean FSU, he purchased the world wide web access for his computer which I am utilizing right now.

Opening Ceremonies was held at the Houston Aquarium … really cool stuff, a lot of student athletes. (Indoor Track and Field along with Wrestling are having their national championships here at the same time). We rode the bus over with some friendly wrestlers from San Francisco State University…We ate some super delish shrimp, chicken, and some steak option as well. Kate and Amanda scored some free sunglasses.

Arrived back at the hotel where I am going to hit the tredmill … and crash out.

50 free tomorrow … heat 3 of 9 … lane 6. And not that I put much stock in seed times at this meet but in Amanda’s heat the fastest time is a 24.39 … the slowest is a 24.49 (Amanda’s seed is a 24.42).

No comments: