Sunday, March 9, 2008

Day 1 ~ Travel Day

Quality time in the airports...turned into quality time in a very small Kia driving 144 miles from Kansas City to Columbia. Arrival time 3:33amish.

I find it to be fitting that one of my all time favorite movies is Planes, Trains and Automobiles...Amanda and I lived the movie (minus the trains part). There were multiple hilarious moments throughout the entire adventure.

Hilarious moment #1 ~ The Delta Airline check in "guy" in Harrisburg telling us that we'd be "SOL."

Hilarious moment #2 ~ The fact that everything, literally everything, closes in the Cincy airport at 9pm. I finished calling the hotel, my boss, Hertz car rental, US Air, Mama Waeger among others at about 9:02pm, only to find I had no choice for dinner but a ham and cheese Lunchable and a Twix bar. (it should be noted that Amanda found this to be way more hilarious then I did...she enjoyed a delicious looking subway sandwich).

Hilarious moment #3 ~ Kansas City has a shuttle bus that all the car rental companies use to take customers to the rental 'offices' and lots. We were the last ones, of about 30 or 40, to board the shuttle...I envisioned everyone on the bus running to the Hertz desk ahead of me...so when we arrived, I told Amanda to meet me up there b/c I was bookin' it up to the rental desk (very much in the fashion of Black Friday shoppers rushing into a store, trying to get a bargain on the newest flat screen tv or tickle me elmo doll). I made it up there in no time flat and ended up 2nd in line b/c the guy with a southern accent cut me off. Only to find we were the only 2 people going to Hertz.

Hilarious moment #4 ~ Rental car number 1 was a tiny Kia. Again, this should be noted as way more hilarious to Amanda then myself. (fortunately we are now in a pretty sweet mazada)

Hilarious moment #5 ~ Graceland University is in Kansas City...not Tennessee.

No comments: