Friday, March 13, 2009

100 back finals

We took the short drive to the pool around 3:45 … and were one of the first groups of people there (emptyish pool warm up). There were 4 heats of the 500, all of when went really fast … then her heat of the 100 back. She was in lane 2, seeded 13th … by the end of the race she finished 13th and honorable mention All-American….but, I get ahead of myself.

Amanda looked excited and confident as the referee whistled …. Take our mark … stand down (F bomb…sorry mah) {non swimming people … when the starter says stand down it means relax, b/c are going to start over} I HATE it when the starter says stand down. I am sure it bothers me wayyyy more than it bothers Amanda, but oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Take your mark …. Beep … {non swimming people … the beep starts the race} Amanda looked great getting to the wall and a breakout…first 25 was the same as this mornings 25. (13.5ish). the turn was a bit of ummm …. well, it was a C minus, just kinda got jammed. Which made her 2nd 25 a bit slower (by 2 tenths of a second). The rest of the race was a bit of a blur as I was moderately light headed from all the whistling I was doing…but she ended up going a lifetime best, school record 57.09 … again, staying 13th place. She went out slower, but brought it back MUCH faster than this morning. {non swimming people….this is a good sign for the 200 backstroke}

Amanda rewarded herself with room service (don’t worry Sharon {my boss} this was a special treat from her mom for a job well done) … well earned. Hope the meal properly fuels her for a killer 200 backstroke tomorrow…where she will be re-visiting lane 2, in the first of three circle seeded heats. {non swimming people … the circle seed is not very easy to explain in writing, so I won’t}

Going to go for a little jog on the treadmill then catch the second half of the WVU / Syracuse game.

Let’s Go……
{non-wvu fans … that is the start of a WVU cheer}

No comments: