Thursday, March 19, 2009

Perspective

I have been meaning to get this posting up for a few days, but between getting caught up on sleep (almost there), the 100 emails I needed to reply to and getting ready for swim lessons I just didn’t get a chance to until today.

Upon our arrival to the Harrisburg airport there was a remarkable scene….one that makes you reflect on just what is important in life. Ahead of us in the walk to the baggage claim was a solider dressed in uniform…as he walked through the gate there were a collection of family and friends. He was met with little American flags waving, cameras flashing, hugs and tears. I couldn’t help but to stop and admire the sight….for me it was an amazing sense of pride and patriotism (and I didn’t even know the dude).

Just something special about a solider coming home…awesome, just awesome.

No comments: