Saturday, February 21, 2009

NEW SCHOOL RECORD(s) & wardrobe

Apologies for no update this morning. After the morning session (details to follow) we had a team to go lunch at wegmans (=not cheapo) I had a family lunch with my mom, sister and kim (red robin - yum). On the way back to the hotel we stopped at Kohls b/c I needed some pimp new clothes ... so I can dress classy. (note: most of my classy casual stuff doesn't fit anymore)....mama waeger wanted me to look good, so I got some classy new pants, classy new $21 shoes, and a classy fancy button down shirt, but to say the least.......I looked good and classy.

I got back to the hotel in enough time for mama waeger to iron the classy new pants and take a quick shower before heading back to the pool. This is where Andy started to have a bit of a bad 45 minutes ... long story short the pool entrance wasn't opened on time...in fact it opened 30 minutes late after I tracked "the guy" down to open the door (much to the delight of the 40+ swimmers waiting for the doors to be opened). This wouldn't have been so bad if Amanda Palmer and I didn't get to the pool for a super early (empty pool) warm up. That's all I am going to say about that....

So, rewind ........

Amanda Palmer and I went to the pool at 7am for the empty pool warm up (leaving the hotel at about 6:45...apparently the hotel breakfast on the weekends doesn't start until 7am) made a quick stop at panera bread for a super awesome seasame seed bagel (losing a vast majority of the seeds when it went through the slicer...ugh).

Anyways .... we got to the pool in enough time for a really good warm up.

First swim this morning was the 200 medley relay ... great swim by all. Actually all the split as fast or faster then I thought.

Amanda Palmers 400im was a smokin' 4:43.99 ... her best before this was a 4:51.07. (previous school record was 4:48ish)...seeded 8th (at finals went a tad slower)...but got the hand shake from Graduate Assistant (and former PSAC 400im champion Katie Kuntz) for the awards presentation.

Amanda Terray had a season best time, and official A cut in the 100 back with a time of 57.57...was seeded 2nd after prelims. Finals had a rough (!!) first turn ... pretty much head butted the wall and went 57.6...stayed 2nd. Two years in a row recieving the silver.

800 free relay = suprise, suprise, suprise...kasey lead us off with a 2:00.5 (needed a 2:00.3 to get spot #5 on our all time top 5...next year!) Terray busted out a 156...at this point I was thinking great start, come on Sam ... who goes out in a 56 and then I dropped the F bomb (sorry mah) and then when she brought it back in a 2:01/2ish I was thinking hey we could get a school record...come on Palmer. At her first 100 it was a 56ish as well and I dropped a double holy F bomb (sorry mah) and Palmer brought it home in a 2:01/2ish...8:01.33 ... new school record. Awesome. Ended up 9th...with a freak dq bumping us to 8th.

best day as a team for LHU swimming in a long LONG time.

tomorrow...Terray's 200 back (looking to defend her title), Durham's 100 free (can't wait for this one!!), Palmer 200 fly (can the hott streak continue ... I think so) and Campbell's 1650...(lane 6...just close enough for me to be all up in her grill when need be)

No comments: