Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Where Are They Now Wednesday~Brittany Williams




Name: Brittany Williams

Years at LHU: 2007-2011

Degrees Earned: Bachelor's Degree in Sport Management (Minors in Aquatics, Coaching and Sport and Exercise Psychology) Currently working on Masters degree in Sport and Exercise Psychology at LHU, considering an MBA at Colorado State University in Fall

Years You Swam: 2007-2011 (4 years)

Best Events: 50 Free, 100 Free, 100 Breast

Most Memorable Swimming Memory: There are so many to chose from, but two of my favorites was swimming 42x100s on our training trip in Florida my junior year and learning how far to push my limits. Without my girls beside me I wouldn't have made it through that set.

My second favorite memory was when Lock Haven hosted the 2010 NCAA Swimming Nationals in Canton, Ohio and I helped host and put together the event as well as cheer on all our qualifiers.

Awards Received at School: Cocoa Beach Award (Winter Training Trip, 2007), Sport Administration Outstanding Future Professional Award 2011

Occupation/Title: Aquatics Department Head

Company: Life Time Fitness-Colorado Springs

Boyfriend's Name: Ben Cornella

Anything Else You'd Like to Share With Haven Nation: I never imagined moving across the country and following all my dreams. Swimming was what brought me out here (to work with USA Swimming and all the Olympians) and end up in the position I am now. I owe my life to swimming and couldn't have imagined spending those 4 years with anyone else other than my teammates and sisters. Lock Haven will always have a special place in my heart and I will always root for my Swimmin' Women no matter where I go :)

No comments: