Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Where Are They Now Wednesday~Rebecca (Rhoades) Carver



Name: Rebecca Carver

Years at LHU: 2003 – 2007

Degree(s) Earned: Sport Administration

Years You Swam: Freshman to Senior

Best Events: 500, 1000 and the 1650!

Most Memorable Swimming Memory: Swimming my second mile at PSACs trying to break 20 minutes. During the last 75 my dad was all upset in the stands thinking I wasn’t going to break 20 (he knows nothing about swimming) and my mom started yelling at him that I was going to break 19 minutes if I got moving. So my dad stands up and screams at the top of his lungs “SPRINT BEC!” and because there were only like 15 people in the pool area I heard him! I thought “oh man I must be going too slow!” so I sprinted, as much as you can after 1600 yards! And I broke 19 minutes, lifetime best in the 1650. And yes everyone thought my dad was crazy!

Awards Received at School: Most Outstanding Swimmer Award – 2005

Maiden Name: Rhoades

Occupation: Senior Program Director

Company: YMCA of York County

Title: Aquatic Director

Spouses Name: Kevin Carver (LHU Class of 2005)

Children: Chase, 2 years old

Anything Else You’d Like To Share With Haven Nation: I still use the workouts that Andy Waeger gave us for the Summer of 2006 when I swim…and I NEVER EVER do jumps…I would rather swim 7 1000’s during our winter training trip with bronchitis again!



No comments: