Friday, March 28, 2014

Amanda Thomas Scotland Update!

Haven Swimming Sophomore Amanda Thomas is taking part in a very fun semester abroad in Scotland. Below is the update she recently emailed me to share with all of our loyal readers! We'd like to wish Amanda a Happy Birthday, and safe travels as her time winds down in Scotland and she makes her way back to The States and back to The Haven. Have fun Amanda and thanks for sharing!
_____________________________________________________________

So it basically rains everyday. Either poring, drizzle, or spittle, there's always water in the air. If it isn't water, it's hail. Those days are super fun. The weather can go from cloudy to sunny with blue skies to dark clouds with rain to sunny again to a hail storm in 15 minutes. You never know what the weather will be like. I left for class without a jacket or a hood because it was so sunny and warm. An hour later? I left class and it was poring and windy as ever. Don't trust Scottish weather! Even the weather reports are wrong.

I think I can't count on one hand how many days we've had with no rain. And those days were amazing!

But other than the weather, it's been amazing and fun! I've made friends from all around the world and they're so great! I'm really loving it here and loving the people I'm meeting!

Every Saturday we go to a different area of Scotland so I'm really getting to see the entire country and it's great. It's so beautiful here and when the sun comes out it's even better! Although I'm so used to not seeing the sun that when it does come out it's usually too bright for me to handle!

Classes are a lot different here but I'm managing while also having a great time and seeing all of these cool places. I've been to Amsterdam already and am planning trips to Ireland, Italy, and Germany....maybe a few more too! I already booked a flight to Greece and my family is coming to travel with me at the end to see London and Paris! I'm so excited!

I'm attaching a few of my favorite pictures!

Can't wait to be back at the Haven!
Amanda













No comments: