Thursday, March 11, 2010

tonight's relay

I am at a loss of words really to describe how awesome tonight went for the haven swim team.  We had a super sweet prelim swim...and an even sweeter final swim.  When we started our season the team record in this event was a 1:50 something...in november we went 1:49 high, right after thanksgiving we went 1:49.4.  I thought we could give the NCAA 'a' cut a run (1:47.49) at PSAC's so we time trialed on the first night of PSAC's and went 1:45.85...I thought at that time we had reached our max speed, no way could we go faster then that....well this morning I was proven wrong.  I thought to myself, no way we are going to go faster tonight, and again I was wrong....these ladies continue to really impress / and suprise me.  It's really an awesome and weird feeling all at once.

Additional note, I don't think any other team has as many fans as the Haven swimmers do.  We have 44 sports administration students, 9 lhu swimmers, 7 additional "friends", 2 LHU profs, all our athletic administration, 1 LHU VP, 10 swim parents & grandparents...all of them have shown an amazing amount of support.  The students are always asking when "our" team is swimming (and you know what, it really is "our" team) ... or how they are doing ... or offering up "good jobs" ... it really is special and means a whole lot to me to have the support of all these individuals, especially to all the volunteers who are helping with the running of the meet ... special thanks!!

(ps-my favorite part is when our volunteers cheer, when they really aren't supposed to cheer ... the NCAA committee member who is charged with readying the ready room told me that he didn't have any help with men's 200 med relay b/c the volunteers were all cheering and supporting the haven swimmers)

Finally .... another big day tomorrow.  200 free relay, Jenna's 100 fly & the 400 medley relay.

GO HAVEN!!

1 comment:

Mom Terray said...

GO HAVEN!!!!!!!!!! Wish I was there but I am watching closely and all of the RADS are cheering. Way to go.........Great times are coming this week, I can feel it.